I graduated from the University of Cincinnati School of Social Work in 1995 with a master’s degree in Social Work. I specialized in mental health in graduate school and now have over 20 years of experience working as a Licensed Clinical Social Worker. I have worked with clients at the Department of Veterans Affairs, in community mental health and substance abuse centers as well as at hospice.
I started Positive Progress Counseling Associates, Inc in 2014 with a primary focus of working with adults. Treatment specialties include adjustment, life changes and transitions, aging concerns, communication issues, grief and bereavement, memory loss and confusion, life coaching, stress management, mood disorders, substance use disorders, and financial counseling.
I take a therapeutic approach that is supportive, compassionate, and caring to develop an individualized treatment plan designed to enhance and maintain your quality of life. The treatment plan outlines your identified concerns, issues, and needs. I will help you better understand the situations and experiences that you share with me during therapy sessions, including gaining insight into your thoughts, feelings, emotions, and decision making.
I am a Medicare and United HealthCare insurance provider, and I offer reasonable rates for private-pay clients. If you are insured by any other insurance provider, I provide invoices for you to submit to your insurance carrier for possible reimbursement.
I invite you to contact me today to schedule a free 15- minute consultation. Appointments are available in-office, through virtual therapy, or telehealth.
- Owner of Positive Progress Counseling Associates, Inc since 2014
- Formerly Stryker Counseling and Consulting Services, Inc
- Psychotherapist in Private Practice since 2014
- Professional Guardian since 2017
- Realtor, Schooner Bay Realty, Inc since 2006
- Former Adjunct Professor at The Ohio State University, Newark Campus
- Former Adjunct Professor at Barry University, Fort Myers Campus
- Former Director at Hope Hospice, Inc
- Former Coordinator, Lee County Homeless Coalition
- Former Manager of the Outpatient Substance Abuse Program at The David Lawrence Center
- Former Director of Supportive Services at the YMCA of Central Ohio
- Former Therapist, Moundbuilders Guidance Center
- Former Coordinator of the HealthCare for Homeless Veterans Program at the Columbus VAOPC
- Former Social Woker at the Chillicothe VAMC
- Former Social Worker at Butler County Mental Health Center, Inc
- Former Case Manager at Queen City Case Management, Inc
LICENSES & CERTIFICATIONS
- Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW)
- Qualified Supervisor for CSW and MHC
- Master Certified Addictions Professional (MCAP)
- Advanced Certified Hospice and Palliative Social Worker (ACHP-SW)
- Certified Financial Social Woker (CFSW)
- Professional Guardian
AFFILIATIONS & MEMBERSHIPS
- Member of the National Association of Social Workers
- Past Chair of the Southwest Florida Unit of the National Association of Social Workers
- Member of the Florida State Guardianship Association
- Provisional Member of the Professional Fiduciary Council of Florida
- Member of the National Association of Realtors
- Former Board Member for the Lee County Alliance on Mental Illness